Adapted texts are a great way to get nonverbal students, low-level readers, and visual learners to interact with the text.
What book is this for?
“There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey” by Lucille Colandro
– Read the story aloud on a projector, have students come to the board to point word by word, and follow along.
– Use the book 1:1, have the student use the picture prompts to read the text.
– Ask basic WH questions along the way
– Use the arrows as helpful page-turners for students who have fine motor difficulties.
– Have fun with it! Pair it with a craft, a video, or a sensory activity!
Interested in Simple Book Companions?